Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Health and Safety Advisor
- Competitive remuneration, reviewed annually, + lots of benefits
- Opportunity for flexible / hybrid working arrangements
- Company renowned for training and career development
Support our leaders to foster and maintain a safe work environment for our team members. This will include coaching managers, providing specialist advice, ensuring compliance, and assisting with the implementation of initiatives, processes and other activities. You will be involved in investigations, reporting and audits. Additionally, you will take the lead on one of our H&S portfolios such as communication, policy, or wellness.
This role, based in Wiri, reports to our National Safety Manager and assumes responsibility for our Northern region. Out-of-town travel may be required from time to time.
- A competitive, market tested salary
- 6% employer contribution to your superannuation
- Subsidised medical insurance through Southern Cross
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discount fuel card
- Annual wellness checks, flu vaccinations and Healthy Food Guide subscription
- Uniform and all PPE
- Individual development plans, regular training and career opportunities
- Active social club
- Supportive team and culture
Preferably you will:
- Have 2+ years’ experience championing H&S within a business
- Come from an operational background and understand the practical application of policy
- Hold a relevant tertiary qualification, or be studying towards one
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills
- Have a collaborative and engaging approach
Above all you will be passionate about health, safety and wellbeing and motivated to maintain our high H&S standards.
We are New Zealand’s Caterpillar dealer. Powered by our people, we supply a full range of Cat equipment, services and technology solutions. Our tailored business solutions enable our customers to be safe, sustainable, productive and profitable. We call it Power On The Ground.
a strong vision of where we want to be in 2025, our values of No Harm,
Integrity, Openness and Care guide what we believe, what we stand for and how
For more information, please visit www.terracat.co.nz/careers or call Jane on 03 983 2380.