Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Heavy Diesel Technician
Terra, the new name of New Zealand’s Caterpillar dealer, heralds the start of a new era. We have a national network of 17 branches offering the entire Caterpillar product range and the parts and services connected to support of our product.
Our Gisborne branch are an industry leader within the region and continue to grow. To meet growing customer needs, we are looking to bring on a Heavy Diesel Technician to join our tight knit team of mechanics.
With a very clear direction of where we want to go and what we want to achieve in the next 4 years, there is lots happening in the business and it has never been a better time to join Terra Cat!
You will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of Caterpillar equipment such as forestry, earthmoving and mining.
We have regular training in house and will support you to develop the skills you need to be the best.
You will need:
- to be an experienced heavy diesel mechanic- preferred
- an excellent mechanical aptitude with a passion to develop your skills further
- to be motivated and interested in forging a career in the heavy diesel industry
- a thirst for knowledge and learning
- attention to detail & a desire for quality
- to be a team player and customer focused
When you work for us, you will receive:
- Our commitment to your health & safety
- Support from your Service Supervisor and wider technical team
- The latest tooling and supplies and interest free tool loans
- Regular product training and career progression opportunities
- Variety in what you do every day
- A discount fuel card for personal use
- Subsidised medical insurance
- 6% employer contribution to your superannuation fund
- Your uniform and all PPE are supplied
- Good hourly rates and overtime after 8 hours daily
If you want to be part of this successful, passionate and driven team apply online at https://careers.terracat.co.nz/Job or press apply now below. For more information call Carlene on 0800 CAT JOBS (0800 228 562).
Please note once you have submitted your application, you will receive a link to an online assessment which must be completed before we can progress your application
We are not currently accepting applications from those who do not reside in NZ, due to current Covid19 border restrictions.