Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Territory Manager Forestry - Nelson region
- Newly created role
- Autonomous role selling premium heavy equipment
- Market leading company in exciting growth phase
Terra Cat is the New Zealand Caterpillar dealer. We are owned by Sime Darby Berhad and built on 90+ years’ experience in the New Zealand market. With a network of 17 branches, we offer the entire Caterpillar product range, and the parts and services connected to supporting our product. With a strong vision of where we want to be in 2025, our values of No Harm, Integrity, Openness and Care guide what we believe, what we stand for and how we work.
Our Territory Accounts Managers are the face of Terra Cat – responsible for establishing and growing market share in the region. Developing sales strategies and call cycles for complete regional coverage, negotiating deals, completing all required IT and paperwork (including quotes and orders) and being involved in machine deliveries. This is a newly created role so there is a strong expectation that you will be able to quickly identify new business and develop strong relationships to secure growth in this region.
Specifically, for this role we expect you will have:
- A proven ability to develop new business opportunities through the attraction of new customers.
- A demonstrated background maintaining and growing sales and gross margin within your existing customer base.
- Previous experience within the forestry, trade sales or other related industries managing and successfully growing a customer base in a competitive market.
- A high level of ambition and a desire to consistently achieve in a high-performance environment.
- Resilience, persistence and plenty of energy and passion.
The ability to work autonomously and remotely from your manager is essential and you will be given the tools, training, and support to succeed in this role. Regular away from home travel is required to ensure maximum territory coverage.
In return, we offer comprehensive training, a generous salary package including a vehicle, sales incentives, subsidised medical insurance, and company contribution to your superannuation.
Please hit the apply button now. You will need to submit an online application supported by your CV and cover letter. Please note you will receive an email link to an online assessment which you will need to complete for your application to be considered.
If you are ready to take on the next challenge in your career, please visit the careers page of our website: www.terracat.co.nz (ref: CZFP135947) or call Lyndal Miller on 03-943-3185.