Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
If you are seeking a Heavy Diesel Apprenticeship with Terra Industrial, NZ’s Caterpillar Dealer, our requirement is that you complete a minimum of 100 hours work experience at the branch prior to submitting an apprenticeship application. This work experience may be in conjunction with your Automotive Pre-Trade Course.
Work experience duties will involve health & safety and contamination control, you will be learning about our products, their components and our tooling, you may complete pre-delivery inspections and you will assist senior mechanics with their work.
You will gain:
- a unique insight into our business, products and team
- hands on experience doing what you love
- knowledge of workshop practices
- a solid understanding of what an apprenticeship with us will involve
To be considered for the Work Experience Programme you will need:
- to be a NZ citizen or permanent resident
- a minimum of 4 years secondary schooling
- NCEA Level 2 in numeracy and literacy rich subjects
- to have completed or be completing an automotive pre-trade course
- your restricted drivers license, at minimum
We are looking for:
- team players
- great communication skills
- eagerness to learn
- passion for the industry
- drive to achieve and exceed expectations
At the successful completion of your work experience, you may be invited to apply for a Heavy Diesel Technician Apprenticeship with us, but work experience does not guarantee you will be offered an Apprenticeship.
Please check out the Apprenticeships tab on the Careers Page of our website for other inforamtion about our apprenticeships in 2021.
Exact locations of apprenticeships in 2021 will not be confirmed until July/August 2020, but opportunities for work experience exist in most of our branch locations. Work experience placements are limited at each location and applications for 2020 will close at the end of June, at the latest.Please apply for Work Experience by clicking the Apply Now button. Please note after you submit your application you will receive an email link to complete our online assessments. To progress your application, these must be completed.
If you would like to talk to someone about our Work Experience Programme, please call Carlene or Jane on 0800 CAT JOBS (0800 228 5627).
Job no: WE2020
Location: New Zealand wide
Closing Date: Friday, 26 June 2020